Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blog posts worth checking out

I try to keep the content here fairly original and not repost stuff readily available on more popular blogs. So I'm going to link to some of the best posts I've seen recently.

Singles of the year (2008) at The Finest Kiss - I've heard most of the releases on this list and agree with all of them. Definitely give Catwalk, Sexy Kids, Twig, and The Tartans a listen. A few of the mentioned singles can be found on my blog as well (Nodzzz and Moscow Olympics).

Metro Trinity's Die Young at Take the Pills - I listened to Just Go over and over last week. It's an excellent song.

Just Waiting For a Friend at Another Day On Earth - This guy sent me a random friend request on MySpace last week. Apparently he is writing, recording, and posting songs every day of the year. As with any other incredibly prolific band you have to dig around to find the good songs. This is my favorite so far.

Dum Dum Girls on Skatterbrain - Another noisy pop band from California. Yay!

Real Estate at Cum Horizon - "Breezy lo-fi beach pop that'll make you forget about the harsh winter months" is a good description of this 7".

A Manchester Collection at Last Days of Man on Earth - An awesome compilation LP featuring a bunch of Manchester punk/post-punk bands. The first Grow Up song is excellent (and they have a CD out on the great LTM label) as is the Manchester Mekon's track (if the melody sounds familiar it's because Joy Divison borrowed it for Love Will Tear Us Apart).

No comments: