Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another set of great blog posts

Earlier this year I linked to some posts on other blogs that contained music I loved. And now I'm doing that again. Here goes

Everything Fudge related on Willfully Obscure (1, 2, 3, 4) - I might have mentioned Fudge before but I didn't put up any music. Before seeing these posts on Willfully Obscure I had only heard Girl Wish from a compilation. Having liked that song and knowing the band was from my home city I wanted to hear more. Spavid has put up downloads of the band's singles, first album, and even two v/a releases containing tracks by two bands with member of Fudge. I recommend Drive and Girl Wish from the singles and Waterfall from Peppermint Stick Parade.

Birdsongs, Beesongs Compilation by Eardrums - Since last year Eardrums has been putting out seasonal compilations for free. These compilations feature a wealth of recent indie pop bands and always contain a few gems. Check out the newest compilation called Birdsongs, Beesongs. Ony volumes A and B are out right now but two more should follow in the future.

Remember Fun/Emily Flexi at I Wish I Was A Flexidisc - Every post at this blog is great, but I particularly like the Emily song. I'll try to remember to post some Emily stuff later on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Find more Galaxie 500 in my mp3blog and forum searches:

HEREand
HERE

David Giassi said...

Hello, all right?

I know your blog and admire your work, I'm in the band Modus Operandi and was wondering if you're interested in leveling and our work, the "stereo h. .. ..."? Our music influences of Can, Kraftwerk, Neu!, Pere Ubu, and others.

In the link, has the cover of the CD and a picture of us, for publicity, as well as links to better understand our music.

If interested, the link to upload is:

http://www.easy-share.com/1910313193/Modus Operandi - h. .. estereo.rar

Thank you. If put on the blog, let us know so we can notify everyone.

Hugs!