Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ceremony / Screen Vinyl Image Split LP/CDR

Finally got this in the mail last week. I preordered months ago and the expected release was sometime in October but something came up and the split was delayed a long time.

Ceremony are from Fredricksburg, VA and formed from the remnants of Skywave when they broke up after the release of their second album, Synthstatic. They sound a lot like Skywave and are definitely on the noisier side of shoegaze. More Telescopes than MBV, maybe? Anyways, For Her Smile is now my favorite Ceremony track.

Screen Vinyl Image also come from north Virginia. DC, I think. I had never listened to them before this 12". I don't care too much for their songs on here but it is decent enough to warrant looking into whatever EPs they have out.

I need to catch both these bands live. I missed out on a show with both of them plus some other shoegaze band. Damn weekday metro schedule....

For her Smile mp3
Download LP
Buy it from Custom Made Music

Also, look what came in the mail today. It is beeeeeautifuuuuulll (click because it is best when viewed at maximum size)

No comments: