Friday, December 5, 2008

Weird Paul - I Got Drunk At Chuck E. Cheese



Another one-man deal. But totally different from the last one (by the way you should download all five MDID albums if you haven't. I listened to the rest and they're all great)! Rather than depressing post-punk this is... guess I will call it comedy pop. Weird Paul Petroskey has been writing and recording songs for about twenty years and has amassed a GBV-like amount of material (over 600 tracks). I don't really know where to start in the discography, and there is a distinct lack of sample tracks and information on the internet. Though thanks to the track in this video I'll probably be ordering 2001 through Weird Paul's website. I Got Drunk At Chuck E. Cheese has the best line I've heard recently: "I sat down right in front of my plate/and I was so messed up that my pizza tasted great." This is so true because Chuck E. Cheese pizza really does taste like shit. Go to Weird Paul's MySpace to listen to a few songs from his most recent album. Piece of Meat in the Tang is also great.

And here are the lyrics to the above song so you can sing along:
I got drunk at Chuck E. Cheese
on several of their bland chablis
I got drunk at Chuck E. Cheese
and I was asked to leave

I just wanted to know how their wine would taste
but I ended up so very faced
I guess you could say that I got trashed
but you also could say that I got smashed
Chuck E. Cheese is a talking mouse
and that kind of makes sense when you are soused
All I wanted was to cut loose
but I went to far and got totally juiced

I wish I could've helped Nicole when her mom got lost
But I wasn't worth a damn cuz I got tossed
I sat down right in front of my plate
and I was so messed up that my pizza tasted great
I thought of Scott Zodiack when I was wasted
When I saw the puppet's mustache so badly pasted

I got up on stage, I was pretty tipsy
people started throwing tokens but most of them missed me
You don't know what it's like unless you are plastered
when a 6 foot mouse calls you a bastard
he might not have hit me if he hadn't been goaded
but that's just how I am when I get loaded
it's no surprise that I got booted
cuz my brain was so chabli-polluted

No comments: